DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Pest Control > fleas fleas and more fleas

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:31 PM  
tuffy
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default fleas fleas and more fleas

We have a very bad flea infestation in a room that i'm wanting to make into my sons bed room, you walk into the room and get covered with them no other room has been affected.The room has a sliding door on it that doesn't come all the way to the ground. we tried bug bombs it helped but there are still fleas,we stuffed towels under the door to keep the bug bomb in the room the best we could, we used 4 cans of the stuff.Any more ideas

Old 10-26-2017, 06:52 AM  
Flyover
Trying not to screw things up worse
Liked 83 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 133

We had this same issue with an apartment that was all hardwood floor except for one carpeted room, where there was a flea infestation in that one room.

If your flea-infested room is carpeted, get the carpets cleaned. Thoroughly clean any fabric-covered furniture. Curtains and drapes too. Then bug-bomb again. I'd say do your whole house because you never know, the fleas might be hiding in your couch or something and then hitching a ride to that room where they like it more for some reason.

Also, how did the fleas get in there? This is kinda obvious but bears saying: if you have a pet that may have transmitted the fleas, make sure that pet is totally flea-free before letting it back in the house.

Old 10-26-2017, 05:59 PM  
tuffy
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The only things in the room now are a bed with no bedding, dressers, and a toy box. My son did have a cat.no carpet either

Last edited by tuffy; 10-26-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Flyover Likes This 
Old 10-26-2017, 08:43 PM  
Flyover
Trying not to screw things up worse
Liked 83 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy View Post
The only things in the room now are a bed with no bedding, dressers, and a toy box. My son did have a cat.no carpet either
In that case:
Does he still have the cat? If so, don't let the cat in the house anymore until it is totally cured of fleas. And while it does have fleas, always check to make sure nobody's carrying them into the house when they come inside. Aside from that...

1. Get rid of the mattress or have a professional exterminator kill all life forms that might be living within it.

2. Clean that room, and everything remaining in it, as well as you can.

3. Get a new mattress or replace the now-flea-free one.

Old 10-26-2017, 11:05 PM  
slownsteady
Administrator
HRT_ADMIN.png

Liked 1129 Times on 935 Posts
Likes Given: 1846

An interior sliding door (I hope)?