DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Painting Forum > Airless sprayer recommendations?

Help Support House Repair Talk by donating using the link above.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:59 AM  
dawilder1171
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Airless sprayer recommendations?

Hi all:

I recently purchased a house that will need extensive paint work, both inside and out. The house is around 2700 sq.ft. It has 3 floors and a basement that I plan to repaint within the next year, including all ceilings, +/-20 doors, all trim and two flights of stair stiles, and eventually kitchen cabinets. On the outside there is very long fence, a wrap around metal roof that will eventually need repainting. I am considering buying an airless sprayer to tackle all this, and keep for whenever the exterior siding needs a full repaint.

Does anyone have recommendations for the best airless sprayer for the money that will last me for years and be versatile enough to tackle all this?

I am not a pro painter, so I do not want to over-invest in a tool that will be used moderately over the years, but I do want something that will be dependable and do a good job for years to come.

Would the Graco Magnum X5 (around $300 on Amazon) be a good choice, or should I spend more and get something of higher caliber? That one has good reviews, but the cynic in me tells me it may be a bit chintzy at that price point.

Thanks much.