DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Carpentry and Woodworking > Building a desk

Old 11-02-2010, 05:09 PM  
JeffSeb

Default Building a desk, anyone good at math?

I am about to start work building a desk but before I start I know a few angles I will have problems with. I was wondering how do you find the angle if it is not a 90 joint?

This is the general shape of the desk, the angles circled are in question.

Last edited by JeffSeb; 11-02-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2010, 05:45 PM  
DrHicks
Big Hog

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Unless I'm completely mis-reading this, and being a total idiot (both of which are VERY possible) those would be 22.5 degree angles, right?

Old 11-02-2010, 06:05 PM  
JeffSeb

so if I were cutting those on the table saw, I would set it at 22.5 for all of them?

Old 11-02-2010, 08:11 PM  
inspectorD
Housebroken
HRT_MODERATOR.png

Liked 126 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Default yup

Cut some scrap material first to make sure this is what you want, But those are 22.5.
Good luck.

Just My
Made in the

Old 11-02-2010, 08:24 PM  
JeffSeb

Thank you.

I asked for the desk to be built 6 months ago and its not done. We set a deadline of 2 weeks, 4 weeks have passed. They haven't started on it yet. I have a meeting here within the hour to talk to them about it. I decided to bypass them completely and build it myself but now they are saying they've turned down other jobs to be able to do it

I'm past the end of my rope with patience with them but have no idea what to do now. I don't want to jepordize our friendship but at what point do they understand they are too busy and let go.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:23 AM  
DrHicks
Big Hog

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSeb View Post
Thank you.

I asked for the desk to be built 6 months ago and its not done. We set a deadline of 2 weeks, 4 weeks have passed. They haven't started on it yet. I have a meeting here within the hour to talk to them about it. I decided to bypass them completely and build it myself but now they are saying they've turned down other jobs to be able to do it

I'm past the end of my rope with patience with them but have no idea what to do now. I don't want to jepordize our friendship but at what point do they understand they are too busy and let go.
They have NOT turned down other jobs to build your deck. Liars.

They either can or cannot do the job in a timely manner.

Now... If you let them actually START the job, you are probably royally screwed, because you're obligated to let them finish it - if and when they get around to it.

Quick Reply