DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Carpentry and Woodworking > tricks or tips on hanging cabinets

Old 11-04-2010, 06:15 PM  
bwhit

Default tricks or tips on hanging cabinets

Goiing to hopefully install my cabinets saturday. Does anyone have a good write up or just general good information and how to make this simple and turn out right. My floor is fairly level, not to many high spots. My buddy mentioned that you can take a 2x4 once you get a level line where you want ur upper cabinets bottoms to be and screw that on your level line then you can rest the cabinets on the 2x4.
Ill info appriacated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 07:55 PM  
DrHicks
Big Hog

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Boy, so much of the answers lie in the kind of cabinets you're installing.

I'd suggest Googling some "how to install cabinets" sites. Seriously. You might hit the mother lode.

Also, are you talking JUST cabinets, or cabinets, counter-top AND cupboards?

Remember that your level (you should have at least one 4' level), shims, and patience will be some of your biggest assets.

Good luck!

Old 11-05-2010, 05:41 PM  
shecandoit22
Banned

Hello bwhit,
I agree with going onto google and doing some research. I work for Home Depot and I have heard some really crazy stories from people that tried to install their own cabinets. Here is a link that has a few videos that might help you. I prefer seeing something done as well as reading about how to do it.
How to Install New Kitchen Cabinets - DIY Home Improvement Guides - How to Repair and Remodel your Bathroom, Kitchen and more
Good luck on your project.

Quick Reply