Water Leak but where?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could always sneak next door and turn on their front faucet and watch your meter to see if it spins quicker.

I'm going to attack a similar problem this weekend and have been reading this thread. One thing I plan to do is to shut off the supply to the hot water heater to see if I can isolate the circuit where the leak is --- hot or cold. I'm not sure what I'll do with that information yet but it may give me a clue as to where to look next.

It's very similar to working out a vehicle electrical short. Isolate and separate! It's still a big ol' PITA! Good luck!

Just to throw out another idea, I once worked on an "unable to locate" leak in a home and after hours of crawling around, I discovered a small pinhole leak in the clear poly tubing leading to the fridge ice maker. It appears the constant vibration against the wall rubbed the hose in such a way the leak could not be seen, and it sprayed directly on the wall, down the baseboard, and into a seam in the concrete.

I suspect my ultrasonic leak detector would have located a leak after pressurizing the piping. Unless like you mentioned its a leaking PRV with the outlet buried in the ground somewhere.

That's the only thing I can think of. The interior piping layout just doesn't appear to be in a slab.

if the leak starts and stops it is not a pinhole leak....
You are barking up the wrong tree....

Pinholes leak continuously....

I'm sorry Mr. Redwood for "barking" but since there are two people on this thread with a similar problem, I was just throwing out various ideas, because many people have various leaks, and it may just help someone else who have come into this forum for help.//

Latest posts

Back