Lennox 10ACC Condenser Fan Motor Overheating
I have found all of your advice on this subject very helpful, but I am still not sure of the solution.
We have a Lennox 10ACC-036-230-02 condenser unit about 7 years old. After about 20 minutes of the unit starting the fan motor (original unit) overheats and shuts off while the condenser still runs. The original unit had a Dual run capacitor but 2 years ago a local tech replaced it with 2 single capacitors. I have visually checked all of the contacts and have cleaned off the fan motor shaft and even oiled it a little. The capacitors are cool to the touch just the fan motor is hot. Oh, and just a side note, we also have a slow freon leak in the evaporator coil.
I am trying to avoid purchasing a new fan motor, so my question is:
Can a bad capacitor cause the fan motor to overheat?
Thanks you in advance for your help. I have seen you give great advice to others and would really appreciate your assistance.