DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Decorating and Design > matching existing tile - help!

Old 06-18-2011, 06:35 PM  
finedayforducks

Default matching existing tile - help!

I've just moved into an apartment and unfortunately have to have work done in the bathroom. I'm absolutely in love with the existing tile and was wondering if anyone has any tips on where I could find the same design...and since that is most likely going to be impossible, what other ideas for color/patterns I could use. Someone did work before and just replaces the section with white tile. Would going with a solid dark chocolate make it look better if I can't match the original tile? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I included a photo of what the tile looks like. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2011, 10:44 PM  
nealtw
Contractor

Liked 964 Times on 857 Posts
Likes Given: 1650

You said you are having this work done, I doubt if a pro would agree to fix part of this.
The tile on the back wall were probly good when the last repair was done and that will happen again and again. This really needs to be replaced I would change the taps at the same time. Sometimes the cheapest way is to spend the money.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply