Snap in window molding

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevins7

Reaction score
I replaced a window in the basement of my moms house and now I cant find any plastic molding to go back in window. Its a aluminum frame sliding window. I will attach a pic of the molding. I went to about 6 places today trying to find some. Lowes, hardwarestores, window stores, and mobile home supply places.
Does anyone know where I can get some of this? I even searched online today, and came up empty handed. I could always silicone it in, but I really want some of this molding. The house was built in the '70's. Here is a better pic of profile, its kind of quarter round on outside.

2011-07-06_17-03-36_406 smaller.jpg

DSC_1196 smaller.jpg

Last edited:
I replaced a window in the basement of my moms house and now I cant find any plastic molding to go back in window. Its a aluminum frame sliding window. I will attach a pic of the molding. I went to about 6 places today trying to find some. Lowes, hardwarestores, window stores, and mobile home supply places.
Does anyone know where I can get some of this? I even searched online today, and came up empty handed. I could always silicone it in, but I really want some of this molding. The house was built in the '70's. Here is a better pic of profile, its kind of quarter round on outside.
I am looking for the same product to replace some trim in my vintage travel trailer. Can someone please guide me to where I can find it? I see the reply that suggests "246b on this page" but I cannot find anything.

Thank you.

I am looking for the same product to replace some trim in my vintage travel trailer. Can someone please guide me to where I can find it? I see the reply that suggests "246b on this page" but I cannot find anything.

Thank you.

Click on the link in Neal's post and scroll about a quarter of the way down and you will find what he is refering to.

Latest posts

Back