Sprinklers for the backyard

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractng

Reaction score
I am looking to add sprinklers on the backyard. Are there any concerns with the distance of pvc piping if I tap the water from the front of the house ? I will be running 3/4" pvc pipe. I am not sure the length, but guessing about 50-60 ft.

Two years ago I installed sprinklers for the front with four valves and station timer. I plan to tap into that line and run to the back. Then have 4 valves on the back with its own timer.

I do notice there was a line that run from the front to the backyard, but I capped it off (I was digging to put a dog gate) and hit the pvc :)

tntrac

Last edited:
Should not be an issue as long as you do not try to run to many heads on the same valve

There are many different types of sprinklers so you can pick the one that will work well for you.Installing a sprinkler in your backyard is probably the easiest installation you'll do. One of the best installations is a shed.You can get shed kits that make installation a snap. This creates a much nicer backyard and will help you to find things when you need them.

Latest posts

Back