DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > XE90 Gas Furnance, LED 4 blinks

Old 11-10-2011, 09:27 AM  
thanksagain

Default XE90 Gas Furnance, LED 4 blinks

Hi, I'm new here and don't know how to post but Ive been reading this thread,

Someone mentioned the Open High Limit Switch on a Trane XE 90, (LED blinking 4 times) I think thats whats wrong with my unit, where is it located? There are two wires going to a sensor on the fire chamber but no reset switch, might that be it, do I replace it, just unscrew it and put a new one in? If it's not resettable.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2011, 07:08 AM  
paul52446m

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanksagain View Post
Hi, I'm new here and don't know how to post but Ive been reading this thread,

Someone mentioned the Open High Limit Switch on a Trane XE 90, (LED blinking 4 times) I think thats whats wrong with my unit, where is it located? There are two wires going to a sensor on the fire chamber but no reset switch, might that be it, do I replace it, just unscrew it and put a new one in? If it's not resettable.
You might have to take some pic. with the doors off the furnace to get help on the limit switch If there is a small switch on the burner, burner box, or inducer these are small limit switches, some times reset able. If you have a down flow furnace with the blower near the top. you would probable find a hi limit switch back in there beside the blower or even screwed to the blower and some furnace have them there that are reset able.
Paul

Old 11-12-2011, 04:45 AM  
Fitmiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul52446m View Post
You might have to take some pic. with the doors off the furnace to get help on the limit switch If there is a small switch on the burner, burner box, or inducer these are small limit switches, some times reset able. If you have a down flow furnace with the blower near the top. you would probable find a hi limit switch back in there beside the blower or even screwed to the blower and some furnace have them there that are reset able.
Paul
The question is why is your unit reaching high limit. It doesn't necessarily mean it is the high limit switch. In my situation, my blower wasn't going on so it was triggering the high limit because the unit was working too hard.

Quick Reply