Exterior Conrete Walls Insulating Interiorly

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eekahouse

Reaction score
I have been putting this off for a while but then decided to come here for guidance. the downstairs of my home is of cinder block construction with furor strips to mount wood paneling to. While removing the shower to correct a leaky valve I noticed that there was no insulation on the interior side of Cinder block wall.

The house was built in 1961 and I would like to add insulation to the walls downstairs. What shall I do?

I live in the Southeast and it can get warm and we run the a/c almost constantly to maintain comfort during the summer. in the winter it can get cool in the house.

Should I even worry with the walls and just make sure I heavily insulate the attic?

Thanks in advance!

gene

eekahouse; Welcome to the site, I just found this posting, a little late but.:)
To do this properly you would build a wall 1" away from the foundation wall and insulate that. You could put foam between the furring strips but the problem with that is if moisture does enter thru the block wall it now can breath, with foam blocking the airspace the moisture would end up in the furring strips.

Latest posts

Back