GFCI receptacle?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdupp

Reaction score
I recently installed a GFCI receptacle outside. I used an inside bedroom outlet for the power source. My question is should I have installed the GFCI outlet inside the bedroom and a normal outlet outside? Would this be more cost effective since GFCI coast around $13 bucks? After I completed the job I noticed the GFCI outlet in the garage was connected to a normal outlet outside.

I used these instruction below.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...How-_-project_guides-_-adding_outdoor_outlets

Installing the GFCI outlet in the bedroom is not necessary as it is not subject to a wet location. So what you have done is fine, correct and typical.

What is your location? I Ontario outdoor receptacles must be on a dedicated circuit.

What is your location? I Ontario outdoor receptacles must be on a dedicated circuit.

I live in South Carolina. > Installing an outdoor outlet using the power from an inside outlet makes it very easy. Just drill a hole. It would be a lot more difficult running a dedicated circuit.

Back