DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > General Appliance Discussion > air handler problems

Old 03-05-2012, 08:13 PM  
dogface

Default air handler problems

I have a heat pump with a back up gas package. Every works fine with the Heat pump until it gets cold and i turn on the gas heat . The gas part will not lite and the Codes on the Air Handler Flash 5 times .The codes say that the Roll out is open but I don't know where it is. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 09:12 PM  
paul52446m

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogface View Post
I have a heat pump with a back up gas package. Every works fine with the Heat pump until it gets cold and i turn on the gas heat . The gas part will not lite and the Codes on the Air Handler Flash 5 times .The codes say that the Roll out is open but I don't know where it is. Thanks
Roll out switches are on top of the burners. They are where is the flame rolls out of the burners it will shut down the unit. They are usually about 5/8" in diameter,with a small red button in the center. You push the little button down it reset them. You will feel it click. There might be several of these switches, they used them on the draft inducer and some times two on the burners .
Paul

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply