What can i do with this big yard?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hi2uall

Reaction score
Yay wondering I'd anyone has any ideas for landscaping? I like all the ideas people give.
Thanks

image-2534035603.jpg

image-4237664591.jpg

A rock garden would look nice on that side view. And maybe a small little fish pond to go with it.

Save the money on the landscaping and buy a riding lawn mower! :) a really nice big one. Sitting on a nice lawn mower for an hour or so is a lot easier work than digging weeds out of rocks, mulch, and plants. Buying new mulch every year, buying new plans, and "prettying" up your rocks is a LOT of work. Plus you can usually drive a riding lawn mower till your a few years over 100 if your lucky. The landscaping I have done will be the death of me.

Landscaping projects are a lot of fun, but we don't have enough info about your property to really get into it. And let's not even get into budget concerns...

But I see a nice border along your driveway, and some low plantings in front of your house to give it some definition.

If you you get elaborate, you'll have to make sure you can keep it looking nice; the more gardens, the more weeds. So MrMiz may be right about a big mower.

What about your family needs? Do you have kids, dogs???

Wow. I really hope i have one big yard.so i can plant some flowers i love

The traingular area in the middle of the driveway is a nice area to landscape as it is a natural focal point + the driveway will prevent invasive grass or weeds from entering it. So it is a good area to experiment with groundcovers, and different flowering plants and shrubs. Since it looks like a full sun area you will want plants that like full sun ( same with the groundcovers ).

I see plenty of space for trees, flowers and some vegetable beds, but I guess it depends on what you would like to have. You can have a patio with benches, outdoor shed too...

It needs a lot of landscaping but you got it all there, all you have to do is improve all of it. I imagine there would be a small fountain with a little park on it. Also do not forget the landscaping lights that will illuminate your garden during the might and it would be perfect. What do you think?

I realize it's an old post, but before spending a lot of time and effort on prettying up the landscaping, you might first consider installing a new roof (replacing what's there now) on the house--the existing shingles look a bit distressed, even with the poor resolution and scale of the photo.

I've never been fond of being a slave to my yard. The vicious cycle of mowing/watering/fertilizing never did much for me, and the older I get, the less appeal it has. I've been mowing a 1.5 acre parcel (in 3 different states) with a John Deere tractor/54" mower off and on for the last 12 years, and it hasn't gotten any more fun as the years pass by. I'd much rather be tinkering out in my shop.

If I was looking at some landscaping ideas for the subject yard, high on the list would be some colorful, low-growing ground cover. The kind that doesn't need food, water or mowing--just plant it and forget it.

Last edited:
Dude you could turn this place into a beautiful, envious spot! :D I'd say keep it keen, water the place, grow some flowers and make it stylish! ;D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back