[QUOTE=CallMeVilla;74630]Your floor covering will not help. The problem is excess moisture originating through the floor or the wall. Basic drywallis a bad choice in basements because of moisture. ALWAYS use mold resistant board in basements which might have moisture problems. Did you install a vapor barrier in the wall?Also, did you leave a gap along the floor line so the drywall does not sit on the floor?
Let me preface by saying the house is 5 years old and has dimpled high-density polyethylene (HDPE) membrane and I have had zero moisture through the walls. The house is a ranch style with an 8`basement with about 1' over grade.
Here`s what I have; 2" x 3" framing (pressure treated directly on floor). A 1" gap between framing and foudation wall with R12. Over this a 6mm vapour barrier, then the drywall.
I have removed two sheets and found little or no moisture (maybe some mold, but mostly looks like dust marks from my fingers). I do see humidity inside vapour barrier on the insulation side. This accumulation has dropped to the pressure treated framing base an seems to have caused mold issues on the inside (front) side of the drywall.
I have washed the walls where the mold was spotted, purchased a dehumidifier and am waiting 3-4 days to see if the mold returns.