air handler blowing problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjburke64

Reaction score
the thermostat is turning on the a/c unit outside, which has a thick tube that runs from the outside unit to the house. the connection is in cased in ice. (i live in phoenix, az and it was 103 degrees today) the air handler unit in the attic is cold and the tub looking fan in the right side compartment is turning and blowing a little air. the blowing unit in the left compartment is not turning on. like i said the unit itself is turning on and the one fan is working and the other parts of the unit are cold, there is even a little condinsation building up on top of the non-motor/electrical parts of the unit. any ideas?

Check to see if you furnace filter is clogged and/or that your blower motor is running.
Not sure what you mean by tub looking fan or left/right compartment.
Your best bet is to turn the system off, let it thaw and then call for service.
Sounds like you have a freon leak. Low freon levels will cause icing.

the ice was gone this morning, i left everything off over night. when i plugged everything back in and turned on the thermostat everything came on and started blowing some cold air from the vents. i just changed the filter 3 weeks ago and checked it last night, it still looks good. could it be the blower motor is going on me and possible the coils need cleaning?

Check your filter , coil in the attic and outside condensing coil and make sure they are all clean first.

Latest posts

Back