what type of masonry screw

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

closetprisoner

Reaction score
I need to install the wooden trim piece around the window on exterior wall, which is stucco. It about 1/2 of stucco then it wood framing, do i need to pre-drill then screw it in or is there a type of screw that will crew in from the face board, pass thru stucco all the way into stud in one shot?

Pre-drill the wood and the stucco with a concrete bit and use a coated deck screw or galvinisd screw into the wood.

Can you post a picture. Trying to figure out why you would be using wood instead of vinyl lumber so it will never rot or need painting.

Can you post a picture. Trying to figure out why you would be using wood instead of vinyl lumber so it will never rot or need painting.

Thought of using vinyl, haven't decide which to use.. Also the stucco wall is not level with edge of door, so don't know if the trim is avail with bevel or not. If vinyl is avail in bevel it would be great, if not the i'll use wood to notch out the bevel section..

I will update with pix after work to give better perception.

Latest posts

Back