DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > General Discussion > HouseRepairTalk Website Help > garage section?

Old 10-15-2006, 03:04 PM  
LoneJeeper

Default garage section?

I would like to ask what these folks use for tool storage and organization, air compressor choices, painting the concrete floor, etc.... is there a good spot?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2006, 04:12 PM  
glennjanie

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Send a message via AIM to glennjanie

Hi LoneJeeper:
Sad to say; my tools are not organized, they are just "in the basement". I have a small compressor that would run a brad gun and other small jobs, Campbel-Hausfield I think. For painting the concrete floor (thorough preperation is crucial) I prefer the epoxy paint with the small chips sprinkled lightly before the paint dries. I think you can find it at Home Depot.
Glenn

Old 11-13-2006, 10:58 PM  
Daryl in Nanoose

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I converted our 20 x 20 Garage into a workshop and also added a 12 x 8 storage room right off the back door. As far as storage goes I use cabinets, drawers, peg board, . for storing tools and nick nats as well as my 4x8 workbench which has 12 drawers and the storage room houses my plywood and moulding as well as electrical, plumbing, and paint, just take a look at my woodworking site That should give you a few ideas. . I tell yah never enough room especialy when your in Home Improvement where every day your doing something different so you can emgine how much storage you need. There are a number of systems for the shop for storing and if you google it you will have more to look at than you can possibly emagine. As far as comressores go in the shop I have a 2hp dual tank (small one)and does everthing I need it to. I have opted not to paint the floor with any kind of colour but clear. Helps when your sweeping up but doesn't chip off like paint (or so you'd notice).

th_000_0123shed.jpg   shoptour6.jpg  

[url]http://edhome.shawwebspace.ca/[/url]

Quick Reply