Okay new plan. The structural can be fixed i believe with metal.
What do you guys think? I just talked to the owner and he says it was 30 years ago done professionally.
1. Fill in masonry on bottom with concrete and stone. patch up masonry.
2. Place support 2x4 in window
2. Drill pilot holes. and screw in metal cross plate of 4x74" and 1/4" thick. I think about 20-30 screws. Actually 1/4" is over kill, 1/8" is fine.
3. Nail in cross beam support above the window, on to old rot board and diagonally.
4. Finish with roxol above window. Order new windows to be replaced.
So guys, will this work? It's all strong fur wood, i was checking the rot it is only 1/4- 1/8" deep with a nail, not so bad.
I guess i have to find a metal shop?
Last edited by bryce; 09-19-2012 at 02:44 PM.