DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > Appliances > HVAC > Propane Logs Ventless

Old 10-10-2012, 01:57 PM  
Freezing

Default Propane Logs Ventless

I got this house and the fireplace inspector came out and gave it a thumbs up (propane orifice present and installed) .Hoping to get some help on hooking the rest of it up.

Coming off the fireplace is 3/8" copper line without a fitting. The tank has the female-reverse thread connection (100# tank form Lowes).

My understanding is I need a tank, single-stage regulator, and line to hook it up with. Is this correct? Thanks for the help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 05:26 PM  
mudmixer
Contractor

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 38

That is fine to supply the flame for the logs, but it does nothing to handle the products of combustion unless yo have a fresh air intake to a closed combustion area and separate to exhaust the waste products outside and not let them into the living area.

Dick

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply