My painter only pained part of fascia.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redshift

Reaction score
Had a painter come by and paint the soffit and fascia today. Am having the gutters replaced, and had the old ones removed before the painter got here. When I got home today was surprised to find that the painter did not paint portion of soffit where gutters will go back on. Pictures of result and of proposal is attached. What do you think?

painting_job.jpg

Screenshot_2012-10-12.jpg

Sloppy and incomplete work. He could have done it all while he was there. Not impressed. Nice that you took everything off so he could get at it . . . and then he did THAT? Make him come back and finish the job. Paint helps protect the wood and 3/4 paint is only 3/4 done. :p

I would think it was just a misunderstanding and he will be supprised when you complain. I don't think it's worth a big fight over as the old paint is still there to protect the wood and if you weren't changing the gutter it would not have been painted anyway.

It is only like this on the portion of the house pictured, the back where it is two stories above ground. At first I thought maybe his ladder wasn't tall enough to apply tape there and avoid the singles... however the house sides are even higher, and there, like in the front, 100% of the fascia was painted.

Anyway, I guess I'll ask nicely if he wouldn't mind finishing off this portion.

I dought he'll mind touching that up, it does take longer cutting in to the shingles but no biggie, he really should of done it all:)
Oh by the way Redshift, we don't use tape up there, takes wayyyyyyy to long besides a pro dosen't need it :):)

I dought he'll mind touching that up, it does take longer cutting in to the shingles but no biggie, he really should of done it all:)
Oh by the way Redshift, we don't use tape up there, takes wayyyyyyy to long besides a pro dosen't need it :):)

oh hell yeahs, little bit on the roofing gonna get covered up by the gutters anyway.
my guess is he was going to come back and cut in and forgot or ran out of time

oh hell yeahs, little bit on the roofing gonna get covered up by the gutters anyway.
my guess is he was going to come back and cut in and forgot or ran out of time
Unless of course it's a Gable in with no Gutters :) I still think since he was there he might as well of done all of it but I think this is more of a Workman ship deal. I would done all of it, don't care if its getting covered up or not just makes sence :):)

Latest posts

Back