Hold a key or coin, or something metal in your hand. Then use that object to discharge the static to a doorknob, faucet, or other grounded metal point. The spark will jump from the key to the ground. The charge will be dissipated across the whole surface of your skin in contact with whatever you are holding, rather than the point where the spark jumps normally.
This is actually quite fun to do.
If you close the distance very slowly, you can reach a point where you can hear it start to "sizzle" before the spark jumps. Also if you have a large charge built up on your body you're hair is likely to be trying to stand up. Maybe not enough to look like Einstein, but just a little bit. When you discharge all that static, you will feel your hair fall back to your head. Normally the sharp sting from the shock on your fingertip overrides your feeling much of anything else at that moment.