I'm in the process of removing the railing to replace with aluminum as ideally I'd like to use this deck often and set out patio chairs, etc... I've been assured by a local Structure & Foundation professional whose opinion I have trust in that this is primarily a water issue starting at the main roof down through the soffits, stucco & paint and broken gutters etc..
FWIW, Without the mention of fixing the cracks on the roof-deck floor first; local roofers have recommended the following:
1) Built-up roof systems with new flashing & drip edge.
2) "Waterproofing systems" like:
D) VulkemŽ 350
If it's not too much trouble, I'd appreciate opinions on:
1) "BUR" vs "Waterproofing system".
2) The different "Waterproofing systems".
3) Whether or not it appears necessary to address the cracks on the roof-deck floor before applying new roofing system?
Last edited by o2284200; 04-09-2013 at 04:34 PM.