installing prefinished hardwood flooring

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tape302

Reaction score
Will begin to add prefinished hardwood flooring to my ranch style house this spring. I am going to start with the 2 bedrooms at the end of the hall. My question is what is the best place to begin so that the wood matches the hall when I do that area and the 3rd bedroom in the summer?

im no pro but if you buy the wood all at the same time, let it sit and then use it as you must you should be fine. Make sure when you lay it down you get pieces from different boxes.

P.S- your knees and back will hate you at the end :), mine did

Drewdin: the problem here is where to start, he would like to start under the windows and work his way out but wants to be sure he is lined up when he gets both room to the hall way. I am no expert either but I would start at the hallway and work into the room. when he wants to add more, he could make a spline to add to make the tungue and work away from that join.

my mistake, i misunderstood the question. I used thresholds into the bedrooms so i would go the same way. DO the hallways and if you want add a threshold to the bedrooms. Then when your ready for the bedrooms just add the wood up to the threshold.

The hardest part is the starting point and making sure it is straight. I would have to case the rooms first and make sure where the best place is to start. maybe some pictures or something could help us but making a blind recommendation the hallway is a good place to start.

Latest posts

Back