Using any flammable chemical on a floor in your home is so dangerous...
I could never recommend using anything like that to remove glue from a floor.
Is the glue hardened? Or is it still soft?
A good sharp scraper is the best possible tool for glue removal.
Mineral spirits can cause spontaneous combustion after you think it's all evaporated away. It soaks into the wood and remains there longer than you think.
Better to take your time than to risk burning your house down.
[URL="http://www.houserepairtalk.com/announcement.php?f=39&a=6"][size=3]The Ten Commandments of House Repair Talk[/size][/URL]
[URL="http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=289528&ck="]Square Eye's home page[/URL]