Just a note of caution.
Did this once to a 125 foot well with a submersible pump that had gone out. When we replaced the pump, we chased it with a couple gallons of bleach. Ran the water until we smelled the bleach in each faucet then let it sit as described above.
Thought we had all the bleach out of the system. Ran water until we could no longer smell it. Did our daily things for a couple days even. Then my wife decided to do laundry. Lets just say your first couple loads of laundry should either be whites or just run the washer a few times with no clothes in it.