hot water at pressure 125 - what does this say about 13yr hot water heater

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the photo :)

I was wondering about those tanks with a 6, 10 or even 12 year warranty. I don't know from experience but I am guessing the warranty is only as good as the fine print.

What did shock me when looking at tanks on the Sears and other websites was that most were not rated Energy Star compliant. Maybe it is not a critical standard in tanks? or not really applicable to tanks; but wait a minute, are we not meant to be conserving energy every which way. It saves the homeowner money and is good for the environment. I must be missing something or perhaps the extra cost of an energy start rated tank is out of proportion to the energy savings.

Go to Home Depot. Energy Star tanks, variety of sizes and warranties. All necessary fittings to do the installation. Also, remember to get extra copper pipe for the PRV. Do it before your entire tank fails ...

TANK 2.jpg

Thanks CallMeVilla.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what water heater manufacturers make a reliable tank. I'm not too enthusiastic about getting a GE model from HomeDepot. From what I have found online, Rheem seem like a good choice. My local Ferguson plumbing place carry the A O Smith brand.

Whirlpool seem to have high ratings on the Lowes site but they also have a lot of extra electronic (I read something else to go wrong) features, that seem to make what should be a simple system, complex and therefore not reliable.

Back