DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Pest Control > tiny little brown bugs...

Old 07-10-2013, 08:08 PM  
drewdin

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 96

Default tiny little brown bugs...

I have been seeing these tiny little brown bugs all around the wood window sills and around the fireplace and door entry ways.

They look like a spot of sand, they are easily squished with my hands. I tried to take some pictures but they dont look like anything based on the resolution.

I know this is a broad description but does anyone know of any bugs like this around this time? I'll keep trying to take pictures and hope one comes out.

I live in the Northeast (Boston), thanks guys.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 04:23 PM  
drewdin

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 96

So, i little goggling around and it looks like they might be springtails. Anyone else have these?

Old 06-20-2014, 03:09 AM  
wendaustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdin View Post
I have been seeing these tiny little brown bugs all around the wood window sills and around the fireplace and door entry ways.

They look like a spot of sand, they are easily squished with my hands. I tried to take some pictures but they dont look like anything based on the resolution.

I know this is a broad description but does anyone know of any bugs like this around this time? I'll keep trying to take pictures and hope one comes out.

I live in the Northeast (Boston), thanks guys.
These are basically called as termites. I have seen their infestations at our home back in New York. In any case these might be evacuated effectively I've seen exterminator in nyc treating them with the assistance of Vinegar. Vinegar (either in pure form or in diluted) is one of the best and effective way to kill them.

Never try to remove them by naked hands!

Quick Reply