DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > Painting Forum > Accubrush

Old 05-31-2012, 03:53 PM  
Austin

Default Accubrush

Anyone ever try one of these? Anything like it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2012, 09:21 PM  
imported_Workaholic

It is a gimicky home owner tool imo, they are always pushing products like this to try and make an easier task in this trade. I have tried many gimicky tools in the past because sometimes you never know. So imo the accubrush comes down to what one deems as acceptable standards to a finish. If you have a white ceiling, white walls and white trim it may work better.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:31 PM  
havasu
on permanent vacation
HRT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 109 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 32

That reminds me of the Wagner Paint Pro (or whatever it is called), where you suck up paint in a tube built in the handle, and squeeze it out to avoid dabbing the roller. The first and only time I used one, the paint blew out all over the floor, with barely any on the wall. Hocus-pokus snake oil, IMHO.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:18 PM  
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
It is a gimicky home owner tool imo, they are always pushing products like this to try and make an easier task in this trade. I have tried many gimicky tools in the past because sometimes you never know. So imo the accubrush comes down to what one deems as acceptable standards to a finish. If you have a white ceiling, white walls and white trim it may work better.
I thought that would be the case. People are always looking to circumvent hard work. There's no way around it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
That reminds me of the Wagner Paint Pro (or whatever it is called), where you suck up paint in a tube built in the handle, and squeeze it out to avoid dabbing the roller. The first and only time I used one, the paint blew out all over the floor, with barely any on the wall. Hocus-pokus snake oil, IMHO.
I remember seeing those and thinking what a PIA it would be to get clean.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:36 PM  
Schmidt & Co.

Its all we use on our high end jobs. Threw away all my good Corona brushes and just use the Acubrush on everything now.......

Seriously though, I agree with Sean. IMHO its a gimmicky homeowner tool that will never replace a quality made brush in the hands of a skilled mechanic. There's no way I would use one on a job, other than to try it out and get a good laugh.

Paul

Old 08-06-2012, 10:40 AM  
ThePaintPro

I can't imagine it making clean cuts. It seems similar to that Shur-line tool with the pad and wheels. Paint always got on the wheels which then got on the ceiling. It might be good for a homeowner who doesn't care so much about a perfect paint job. I don't think I'd ever try it.

Quick Reply