To be sure, turn the lights on for 4+ hours and feel the ceiling above them. But frankly I do not see these bulbs at that distance causing scorching heat. I would guess that you have the "ghosting" as mentioned above. And if heat is a problem, you could reduce it by going with fluorescent bulbs that would use 1/4 the wattage (although a bit ugly).
- Taping & Finishing Drywall Joints
- Inside & Outside Corner Drywall Joints
- How to Repair Small and Big Holes
- How to Build and Finish Drywall Arches
- How to Apply or Repair Texture
Free Tutorials at http://www.drywallinfo.com