Originally Posted by drewdin
For future reference, when do i need to protect against electrocution and when do i need to protect against fire? Thanks
Electrocution and fire danger from electricity are pretty low in the US but wet skin and current passing through your chest (like if you are standing in water on a grounded concrete floor) raises your odds of serious injury.
The biggest shock I ever got as a kid was standing barefoot on concrete and touching probably 700vdc from an ancient tube radio set. I was trying to force an auto radio vibrator into a four prong tube socket.
At this voltage the wet skin doesn't matter because the skin is punctured.