marmoleum under LVP

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zakwally

Reaction score
Can you leave marmoleum down and lay luxury vinyl plank on top of it?

Half of our kitchen is being demolished to add an addition, the floor is 3 year old marmoleum. Can we just cover the whole thing with LVP that is applied with pressure sensitive glue?

Thanks

I don’t know the answer to your question and there are some pro flooring people that stop in here often that will give you their opinion. I can say I have seen laminate products go down over almost everything. I just put down about 300 sq ft in my kitchen and entry and it had a century of floorings going on. The last was some peel and stick tiles that 90% of them were really stuck down, some loose and a few missing. I filled in the missing with leveler and put the flooring down. I don’t know if that was kosher or not but it’s looking good and lying flat. I think for me the biggest problem is any transitions and steps in the underlayment. I have no idea if you would feel a difference in your case walking from one underlayment to another but my guess is you would.

Stay put you should get some better advice soon.

Back