DIY Home Improvement, Remodeling & Repair Forum > DIY Home Improvement > General Home Improvement Discussion > What's the average cost to run duct working these days?

Old 02-01-2014, 03:24 PM  
NAWalton00

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default What's the average cost to run duct working these days?

I am getting some estimates to fix some ducting issues that I cannot fix myself. What is the going rate for a contractor when installing new ductwork. The ducting is a 20ft run and is completely accessible from the basement.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 12:17 PM  
drewdin

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 96

for both heat and ac? The ductwork i had run in my walls while they were open was pretty cheap ~1500. I had ductwork run from the attic to both floors. Since your just doing it in the basement, i bet it should be half of what i paid since I'm guessing you are just replacing whats there not running new lines.

The air handler and condenser were a pretty penny, but make sure to pull permits

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2014, 02:13 PM  
NAWalton00

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks!

Hopefully it will be a little cheaper. It's odd how they ran our basement. The return ducts are undersized and they could have run 5ft of ducting that would have saved so much work on my part.

Quick Reply