Outdoor extra room?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vishvanaar

Reaction score
I live with my mom, and 2 other roomates and I'm 16 years old
I thought it would be cool to have like my own spacious room outside. Maybe like a shack or shed (but semi-cute, not all rusty and stuff), sionce building it from scratch is probably too expensive.
I want more room because my room is kind of small and I would like more space for myself and since I can't have my own house right now, I want at least my own mini-house and I need more room for my pets.
What cheap source of heating is there? Insulation? A little bit of electricity?
Can this be done very cheaply?
This is just a crazy idea..I'm sure it sounds wierd.
But it would be so cool if it could happen.
And for definately under 1000$..

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Yep look on CL or other sites and find an old camper close by where you live. Talk someone with a truck into hauling it home for you and tell mom “Surprise!”

If she gets mad tell her Neal on HRT forum gave you the idea.

Girl friends are warm.
The idea is to maximize the surface area between the two of you and minimize the surface area of the two of you exposed to the air because it's the surface area where the heat is lost.
Lying still each of you is putting out 100w.

Getting Biblical here . . .
So his attendants said to him, "Let us look for a young virgin to serve the king and take care of him. She can lie beside him so that our lord the king may keep warm."

No girl friend? Then it will take 10w per square foot to heat your place.

Last edited:
He only has 9w to work with!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

If you think your room is small, wait until you try living in a camper ... On your budget, building an outside structure yourself won't even get close. Sorry dude ... living at home has advantages and disadvantages. Cherish the advantages ...

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=camper+heater&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=%22electric+camper+heater%22&rls=en[/ame]

but you'll need to steal power from the house.

Back