Gas Hob Spark

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedmonds

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a gas burner that is not igniting on my gas cooker. I normally turn the gas on press a button and hear the click which generates a spark and it fires up. However, i have found that one does not always fire up despite the click noise which generates the spark. Is it possible to fix this easily?

If its means anything, sometimes the gas burner starts if its not been started before but if i light it, switch off and then try and light it again. I get nothing :(

Can i get a replacement part from B&Q or similar hardware store?

Thanks all

Wayne

Hi,

A few UK appliance sites ( they would be more familier with your product ) that may be able to help...

http://www.applianceaid.com/UK_appliance_links.html

i have found that one does not always fire up despite the click noise which generates the spark. Is it possible to fix this easily?

Dirty/plugged burner holes/slots, cracked sparker/electrode, broken wire for the sparker/electrode are some possible trouble makers....often repairing is easy but testing/checking/diagnosing the problem and finding the trouble maker is the hard part.

jeff.

Thanks for that Jeff.... I will have a look and try to work out whats going on...

I will have a look and try to work out whats going on...

If you get a chance, let us know what you see/find out.

jeff.

Latest posts

Back