Originally Posted by qmqmqm
Thanks a lot Jungle.
Is it normal for the crushed stone to be a bit wet right by the valve? It has a darker color so I think it's wet. Will it cause mold growth or things like that?
Well, wet smells could be anything. The washing machine can add to issues, and a dehumidifier will cure most dampness. If the area you are talking about gets a leak under the stone where you do not see, that could be the problem.
Feel free to dig with your hands down around the pipe to see how much water is there, and if there may be a leak. You will know right away if there is because it will smell terrible, not moldy or damp smells.
To get rid of the damp smell, pour a cup of bleach around the area., it will kill off most stuff in there.
Then let us know what you find.