Patio Wall leak. Help..!!!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruban

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first thread on the forum and this is my first house so please excuse me if I end up asking silly questions.

I have a patio on the 2nd floor right above my garage.
2 side of the patio shares common wall with two room on the 2nd floor.
The other two side are facing the street. I guess they are about 4 feet wall and seems like water is leaking from the top of that wall into my garage.
Also this wall are not block wall. They are wooden with stucco on it. Please see the following pictures.

Last picture if of the two wall facing the street:
photo_1.jpg

a>
Other pictures are of top of the wall. This part seems soft when you press it and so I am sure water is leaking from there.

i have tried to seal it with different types of sealers i got from Lowes. They work but when it rains a lot, they are useless.

I cannot afford to call someone to fix it. It's too expensive here.

So I need some tips from you guys.
What can i do to fix it before it starts raining again.

I was reading and seems like just putting stucco is not enough?

Let me know how you will do it.

Any kind of help and information will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ruban

i2ldkrs6l

photo 4.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Plenty of opportunity for water leakage here.
Start by checking for proper flashing and patio floor pitch, floor cracks, clear scuppers, etc...

My knee jerk reaction would be to tear it all down and rebuild it.

If labor in your area is a problem, you could at least call a contractor out to look at it, determine the problem and provide you with a repair bid.

From there, you could break it down into what your comfortable doing and what the contractors portion of the job would add up to.

You can be sure that there is rot in the wall and that water has a free run into the floor joists. Hopefully you can find a way to tackle this before the garage and deck have to go.

try this stuff - aquafin 2K - we use it on residential, commercial, & condo masonry parapets,,, naturally you'll have to remove what's there now OR, at least, properly repair any cracks [ no $ interest ],,, its flexible & elastomeric - the only problem is that it needs to be used prior to the pot life as w/all 2part mtls - constant stirring is also desired,,, we have a home-made drill rig for our 1/2" 540rpm drill that fits over a 5gal bkt,,, before we built it, we used battery power'd drills to keep it stirred as it was being applied - good luck !

ps - some folks like thoro products - so do i but i'd pick aqua IF it were OUR home,,, 1 more thing - you won't need metal parapet covers anymore,,, i wouldn't use it for a traffic-resistant deck coating,,, duradek works great for that application [ again, no $ interest ],,, we just use it

Last edited:
try this stuff - aquafin 2K - we use it on residential, commercial, & condo masonry parapets,,, naturally you'll have to remove what's there now OR, at least, properly repair any cracks [ no $ interest ],,, its flexible & elastomeric - the only problem is that it needs to be used prior to the pot life as w/all 2part mtls - constant stirring is also desired,,, we have a home-made drill rig for our 1/2" 540rpm drill that fits over a 5gal bkt,,, before we built it, we used battery power'd drills to keep it stirred as it was being applied - good luck !

ps - some folks like thoro products - so do i but i'd pick aqua IF it were OUR home,,, 1 more thing - you won't need metal parapet covers anymore,,, i wouldn't use it for a traffic-resistant deck coating,,, duradek works great for that application [ again, no $ interest ],,, we just use it

This wall is wet now and sealing it further will just not allow it to dry, needs to be opened up before total distruction ocures.

Back