Coins

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odorf

Junior Member frodo
Reaction score
silvercoins, just arrived by mail. purdy. 1oz. 999.9% each
split in 4ths for trading if needed as curency

DSCN0356.JPG

Last edited:
silvercoins, just arrived by mail. purdy. 1oz. 999.9% each
split in 4ths for trading if needed as curency

I have several pounds of silver coin. Hope you didn't pay too much above spot on those. Right now each coin should be just below 20 bucks. I get them locally here.

i did on these, $22.50 each ,we had to buy the die. now that we have the die made. we can get at or below spot

i collect also,,put em in the safe for later
do you collect coins or just silver?
if interested, i have a collection of pennies i like to show off
liberty heads,indians, :2cents:

I collect silver and old paper money. I have been getting into the large bills lately (Not high dollar large but physically larger) I have some coin but not any sort of fancy collection, I have an 1880 silver dollar in mint condition a bunch of steel pennies and real silver dollars from the 20's and silver JFK half dollars and a few odds and ends but nothing collection worthy.

Is the die for scoring them to break?

yes, they are scored to break, and use as currency.

oh cool, fellow coin and paper collector.

your silver sounds a lot more impressive than my little stash.
my coins are nothing fancy, i have been looking and collecting out of change for over 30 years.

Last edited:
Over the weekend I was digging threw my moms shed and found a penny collection folder from 1909 to 1972. It is missing about 35 early pennies. I took it to my coin guy and he says he has every single one to complete the set. Don't know if I will buy the couple that are several hundred bucks but I might just to finish off what my mom started.

thats exactly what i did, finished my dads collection for him
from 1909--2000
i'm missing these.
1909 vdb
1909s
1912s
1914d
1926s
1931s
in another folder
1857-1909
missing
1858 1871
1864 1872
1864L 1874
1865 1875
1867 1876
1868 1877
1869 1878

let me know what your missing, i have some extras, of 1909-71

My guy has the VDB and a fake one he accidently bought. The real one he is asking 750 and the fake is close to free if I just want to fill the spot.

I think I have an extra 31s, I'll look when I get a chance. Ill find my list and post it up too. My coin guy is the fairest guy I have ever met and most honest so I like working with him.

In 1973 the price of silver was going thru the roof and everyone was buying it. It sounded like a good idea so I decided to buy $1000 worth. I went to the bank that sells the stuff and said I want $1000 worth of silver. There I learned that silver is quoted as 1000 onces anything less has a premium, the smaller the peice the higher the premium and then it is quoted in US dollars so first I had to buy that and the bank charges for converting the money and then there was a transaction fee. So after an hour I was a proud owner of $600 worth of silver that cost me,$1000. About a month later silver had doubled in price and there was talk about the Hunt brothers so I went back to the bank to sell my silver. The bank pays no pemium for small peices and charges a transation fee and then convert the money back to Canadian. I left the bank with $1100 and because I dealt with a bank they informed me they let the Government know so I had to pay tax on the $100.

I have a couple 1909s, never could get a vdb...

I hear about the elusive vdb. would love to have one

if you have a 31s, maybe we could do a trade

your concerns have been my concerns also. on the silver
on a forum i'm on. I started a thread about that.
and gold also.
what good does it do to invest in something you can not get rid of if needed.
there are a couple of companies that will buy it from you

i'll copy the companies for you

The place I buy from says they will always buy no matter what but you really don't know until that time comes.

I currently pay 1 dollar over spot for my silver so yesterday it cost me 20 bucks to buy 20 Troy ounces. The silver was somewhere around 17.45 an ounce. My guy usually charges 1.50 - 2.50 over spot but I guess I am a frequent flyer?

Neal, i am going to post the thread about silver
over on the pro site. general blabber, where only a few can see it
i am not trying to advertise for the other site

Last edited:
I currently pay 1 dollar over spot for my silver so yesterday it cost me 20 bucks to buy 20 Troy ounces. The silver was somewhere around 17.45 an ounce. My guy usually charges 1.50 - 2.50 over spot but I guess I am a frequent flyer?

your getting darn good prices, buy what you can

you guys in comiefornia are going to need a different currency before to long :rofl:

What does it cost near you or do you have to order yours?

Like I said before my guy has a motto that he would rather make a dollar off if everyone that walks in his doors than try to get rich off one sale and never see them again.

dont know, silver is 17.25 right now. so it should be 19 or 20 or little less
i have not bought any in a while,,next time im out, ill check

seriously thinking of pulling 10 k out of a cd and buying silver

Back