Help me with low spots in my patio.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnv713

Reaction score
I just noticed two bird baths :hide:in my patio roughly about a foot or so and a small rough patch. Was told by a HD associate to use cement with no gravels to fill the spots. Or should I go with Quikrete resurfacer (terrible online review)to fill and to smooth the surface..thanks!

i'd pick cement-all instead - its now being sol in apron stores,,, rarely expect pro knowledge from any clerks other than ' what you want is in aisle ( ? ) ',,, matching color is always an issue even w/decorative conc artisans :beer:

i'd pick cement-all instead - its now being sol in apron stores,,, rarely expect pro knowledge from any clerks other than ' what you want is in aisle ( ? ) ',,, matching color is always an issue even w/decorative conc artisans :beer:

What prep work should he do first?

Rapid set cement all?

To prep I Plan on washing the existing pad at least a few times and maybe apply some bonding agent.

we'd p/w 1st, too - 4Kpsi & 4gpm's,,, doubtful you'd also need a separate bonding agent, tho,,, cement all's polymer-modified so just read the bag's directions

I used acrylic bonding before I saw your post. In hindsight I probably didn't need it. Thanks!

Back