Rough spot remedies?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnv713

Reaction score
Poured concrete about 2 months ago at the time there were a few spots that I didn't do a good job troweling thus there are some rough spots. What can I do to make it smoother to walk on? 90% of the patio is fine though. Thanks!

For Quikrete resurfacer I noticed unfavarble reviews online.

It depends on how bad they are. Any type of grinding is going to make that section look very different from the rest of the patio.

I tried a grinder while it work great but not perfect enough to make the rough spots go away. How's about deck/concrete resurfacer?

You need to take down any really high spots and then use a concrete resurfacer. They are almost self-leveling and there are a lot of vids on utube showing how it’s done. According to one member here that is in the trade the good stuff is not available to Joe Diy. Home Depot sells a couple types and there is a recent thread where they went thru them all you could look at.

As always take pics and post your progress. Selfies are optional.

you'll never succeed w/ either 4 OR 7" grinders let alone oscillating hand sanders,,, w/o pics, its a challenge trying to answer this but, IF you want uniformity of surface, you need to grind the whole surface,,, find a walk-behind grinder ( you can rent 1 w/110v capabilities ),,, start w/60 metal pucks then move up to 100's then on up til you're satisfied,,, btw, MUCH easier grinding wet !

the alternative is overlaying the whole floor w/polymer-modified cement,,, can't you find a throw rug or coffee table ? ? ? ? ? ?

i never had much luck w/quikcrete-type materials but we don't fool much w/lower-class quality stuff from apron/vest stores,,, currently i think were paying about $44 for a 50# bag of polymer-modified resurfacing stuff - white cement mix - including freight from indiana,,, what's the apron/vest stores' price ? ? ?

Last edited:
The price for regular resurfacer is about $22 that cover about 50-100ft per box at apron store. Might have to rent a walk behind grinder like you said.

i didn't pay attn to pricing 'cause we don't use it,,, unfortunately you might only be able to rent an 'edco' brand grinder - even tho we don't use 'em, try to find a lavina 110v machine,,, IF you can't, @ least get the dble head edco,,, it'll take 2 guys to load & unload but its a 110v machine :2cents:

Lol I wish but the sound advice(s) I get on here are just priceless. Don't know whatve gotten into me lately. Just being going full renovating mode the last few months.

Latest posts

Back