How to remove the cover from this dome ceiling light?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chehs01

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have any idea about how to remove the cover from this dome ceiling light? Please view attached photo. Thanks,

light.jpg

Have you played with those clips to see if they are removable or spring loaded?
And welcome back.

Grip the metal trim ring and pull straight down.
Those clips are just holding in the drop in glass lenses and do not need to be removed.

It’s been my experience with smoke alarms and lights and automobile connectors and about a hundred other marvels of modern invention I don’t understand, that once I break it I instantly have complete knowledge of how it was supposed to work.

On my truck I have had for 15 years and changed numerous headlights on always cursing the genius that made it so I had to remove the battery and cut my knuckles up getting the bulb out and back in this tiny hole with super short wires. I thought that’s it let auto zone do it not long ago. He comes out turns some post with a special tool that didn’t look like it had anything to do with the headlight and the whole front assembly fell off and he popped a new bulb in from the front and said there you go. I smiled and said thanks and I could have done that myself. The other one I have seen done a dozen times and can’t seem to figure out for the life of me is wiper blades. I busted my butt for several years getting the oil filter off my s10 blazer and I finally thought if I cut a hole in the fender I could get at it. I took off the tire knowing right where I had to cut and there was a rubber flap in the way. Guess what was behind the flap yep an oil filter hole.

I could go on with a hundred more example but I want to hear others favorites.

I spent 4 hours trying to bail water out of my bilge, when the pump failed on my boat. I spent another 5 hours trying to reach the bilge pump to replace it when I realized the back seat was on a hidden hinge, and the entire seat tilted up for quick replacement!

Latest posts

Back