New dryer recomendations

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blg002

Reaction score
Backstory: I have a 2005 whirpool dryer that has stopped heating. It turns on and spins and everything but there is never any warm air so I assume the heating elements are messed up (i just cleaned lint out and everything). I can call Sears and have someone diagnose it for $90 which i can then put towards the repair. If it's not worth repair i can also get a $60-$100 coupon for a new dryer.

Anyways, my question: What should I be looking for in a dryer? I use my cloths line 95% of the time the weather permits so I have pretty simple needs and don't need anything too fancy. I really only want something energy-star-rated/energy-efficient and something that has a regular hot-air drying (probably implied) and air-fluff setting. I don't need any steam settings, wifi connection, etc. I've never been through this process so I'm not sure what to look out for, brands, abilities, etc.

Oh, it's an electric dryer and it's in the basement where space isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
There are people here that would maybe help troubleshooting the old dryer. This could also be a power problem as the motor runs on 120 volts and the element runs on 240 volts.

Latest posts

Back