Ignitor not coming on

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okrobie

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for having this forum.

My ignitor is not coming on. The fans are starting but the 110v voltage to the ignitor is not present. The ignitor tests good with a conductivity tester. The little red light on the controller is lit. This is a Trane system with a White Rogers controller. I have reset the power switch, but I cannot find a reset button on the controller.

Can someone please help me? Thanks, Jim

Reset the entire unit by turning off the service switch typically located on or near the furnace.
Removing and reinstalling the front panel achieves the same thing.
Any LED on the control board, flashing a code that matches the list on the back of the front cover panel?

Last edited:
Hi kok328, thanks for your reply. I have done the resets you suggested. The red led on the front of the controller just stayes solid red, no blinking.

If I understand correctly the White Rodgers controller is the thermostat and you want to reset that ?
What is your model # for the controller ?
Could have battery backup.

Hi kok328, the controller I'm talking about is in the furnace. It is a White Rogers model D340035P0L (it says replace with CNT1309). It turns out that the solid red indicator lamp means that the controller is dead. I ordered one on line and it should be here in a few days. I'll let you know how it works out when it arrives. Thanks for your help. Jim

Hi, I just installed the new controller and the furnace is working perfectly. Thanks for your help. Jim

Latest posts

Back