I have a clean slate!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

So my new to me house is closing escrow in a few days and the first project will be getting the garage done before I fill it with crap. Right now It is a 3+ car garage, it is four car wide but only three doors and a small shop area. It is stick built and the inside is just studs at the moment. Before I insulate and drywall I want to run everything I could want in the walls. So far my list is as follows.

Run 20 amp power every four to six feet along all walls.
Recessed LED or Florescent lighting.
Run copper air lines wherever I need or want.
Cabinets and storage (I hate shelving and don't want to see my crap)
Epoxy coat Floors
Drywall and insulate.

What am I missing that I could potentially want in there? Besides a lift.

well.JPG

IMG_2333.JPG

What about HVAC? And a beer fridge. And a urinal? And a big comfy couch. A big screen TV. And WiFi...

And a lift.

What about HVAC? And a beer fridge. And a urinal? And a big comfy couch. A big screen TV. And WiFi...

And a lift.

No HVAC, thought about it but if its that hot I'll stay in the house and drink beer.

It will have a kegerator and also a beer fridge (no need to mention those)
Urinal? I am on about 5 acres, anywhere you go is a urinal.

Going to wire it for TV but have never used the one in my current garage, only the radio.

Wifi, yes wireless from the house.

Was thinking a utility sink to wash up?

No HVAC, thought about it but if its that hot I'll stay in the house and drink beer.

It will have a kegerator and also a beer fridge (no need to mention those)
Urinal? I am on about 5 acres, anywhere you go is a urinal.

Going to wire it for TV but have never used the one in my current garage, only the radio.

Wifi, yes wireless from the house.

Was thinking a utility sink to wash up?

Sink is a great idea. I have one in the basement and a full bath. It come in handy after cutting grass, working on stuff.

What about some ceiling fans?

A sofa for when I pass out from drinking all your Coors Light?

Not a great idea to be using copper for air lines.
Way to expensive.
When it oxidizes on the inside that green slime with blow right though a filter, and the copper oxide will react with any dissimilar metal it comes in contact with.
Use black iron instead. Any filter will catch what little bit of rust that comes though.
Making the main runs over size will act as storage and give you far more available CFM.
Almost always when I see DIY installed air lines there run as if they where working with water, not air.
This is the proper way to run air lines.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ign&qpvt=compressed+air+line+design&FORM=IGRE

If you have water for a sink go for a shower also.

Ceiling fans at a maybe, will have to see how much head room I have.

Thought about another garage door. Not sure if I want it or if I like the shop area.

Mark you will have to settle for bud light and a stool. Couches take up to much room.

No need to open the gable, down the road I plan on building an RV garage that will attach to this one.

I have all the copper I would need at work so it is free to me. I will look into using iron but in my area we don't have much for moisture so I will have to see if it benefits me enough.

Don't think I would use a shower if it were there.

What type of flooring does it have? Concrete? Make sure you put padded carpet where my stool is at because I need something soft to fall on.

What kind of fittings for the pec? Never dealt with it.

Mark I can put a dog bed by your stool if that helps?

And a lift.

Wait... a dog bed for the local inebriated help... and nothing for the Oldog...:clap:

I have open shelves , pegboard and wall hanging equipment..only so I can find where something is. If it had doors,, I would be opening them all the time to see whats inside, even when I do know what's in them, there is always something I'm missing.
I just keep it really organized, and hang clean drop cloths over the shelves when we have gatherings.
Sounds great though.. always fun doing your first set up.
I would install the large beam now for pulling those engines..

Latest posts

Back