Building New Home

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobaloou99

Reaction score
Looking to build new home with drilled pier and beam footing, around 2100 sq ft. heated and is on solid high round overlooking a lake. Using cinder block construction with thin rock exterior. Should I pour a solid beam on the perimeter and use the piers within the outer poured beam> This seems to be a way to give me a solid foundation, and support the weight needed for the walls. We are also using timbers and timber polls for support. So does the footer beam on the perimeter sound good or a waste of my recourses.

Welcome to the site.
The footing size and depth depend on soil condition, max frost depth and local code. Usually you draw up your plans like you woukld want to have it done. The permit department may make changes to it or ask you to have a geo engineer certify what you are doing. Either way they look at the soil condition when you have dug the holes for the footing. Where I am most time footings are conected but that's an earth quake thing.

Latest posts

Back