I need some more help, and fast!!!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcclete22

Reaction score
Some of you may know me, some may not. I am the guy whose home was flooding in Oct. 2014. I have foundation/HOA problems.
(see http://www.houserepairtalk.com/showthread.php?t=18446)

Continuing on with that. The HOA's initial contractor/construction vendor has in his invoice,"The wall is missing the sill-seal that is supposed to be under the pressure treated material to help seal the walls."

We hired Elite Construction and Restoration to come in and do an examination and appraisal of the damage and what needed to be done. He said that the window needed to be removed and replaced, as well as the foundation needed to be exposed which STILL hasn't happened.

If the seal around the window is gone, don't you pretty much have to remove and replace the window? That is what I thought. Can you caulk the edges and call it good? Also The ECR guy said the dry rot is technically not a structural issue, but he said it needs to be removed and replaced. Any thoughts on that?

Any help, thoughts, advice, or suggestions are highly appreciated! Also the faster the better!!

It is hard to say anything for sure from what we see in your photos. Every contractor will have a different take on what should be done.
No one should suggest the wall be closed up while there is still rot in the wall or there is a possibility of water to continue to leak in.
If the window frame is still solid maybe it can be re-sealed but??? If the outside waterproofing isn't done with proper drainage in the window well they are waisting time and money.

Latest posts

Back