T-111 stain paint?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttinman23

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I just had a cabin constructed with T-111. What would be the best protectant for it and what would be the brands name. Thanks.

It obviously depends on what you want out of the T-111. I personally like Thompson's Stain and sealer, where it will still allow the wood grain to shine through, but gives the wood a nice color tint.

42900104_032813l_nsd.jpg

Gentlemen, I just had a cabin constructed with T-111. What would be the best protectant for it and what would be the brands name. Thanks.

I would have used Hardipanel T-111 much easier to paint and no rot. Since you went with wood I'd use a opaque stain with a very heavy roller. You'll still need to brush the grooves unless they are very shallow. As to brands any premium would do. I tend to use Sherwin Williams for exterior paint. Rough sawn T-111 is a bear to paint. Been there, done that. Hardi gives you the look, but is smoother and takes paint beautifully.

I use a 50/50 mix of boiled linseed oil and super deck tinted log oil with the cedar tone.

My neighbor did a T-111 shed with Ben Moore oil based solid exterior to match the siding on his house. That was about 15 years ago and it still looks good.

Latest posts

Back