Finishing balcony

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawaiifox1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea as to how I should put a new flooring on my balcony? It has a rubber like flooring now.

image.jpg

Welcome to the site.What is on it now? Does it have a slope? How much space is there between the bottom of the door frame and the top of the deck?

Thanks! :) it just has this rubber flooring stuff. I'm not exactly sure what it's called. There's also a random cord on it for no reason. Lol! But there's about a 4 inch gap between the bottom of the doorframe and the flooring. Also, there is a slight tilt towards the outside edge of the balcony I would assume so that water can flow off. It's not a major tilt or anything though.
Thanks for the help!! :)

That sounds like a roofing product, not sure what the norm is for that, but up here all the rage is stamped and coloured concrete 3" thick on top over a water proof membrane. If you are interested in that we would have to look at the structure below. We will see if OLDOG pops in with some info on the product you have.

If you have never installed a rubber roof before, I'd suggest calling someone who has. It's very easy to make a mistake or a giant mess with that type roof system.

How high above grade is this deck?
100% Sure this was ever intended to be deck and not just a roof.
With no railings it should not be used as a deck.

Latest posts

Back