IRON Fence Jig

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retroweld

Reaction score
Hey guys, I weld as a hobby and I made my dad an iron fence in my garage last summer. I wanted to share it with you in case anyone is looking to build their own iron fence (DIY). I made a jig to help ensure the fence panels were welded straight and square. I have a video of the jig in case anyone could benefit from such a contraption. Everyone could use one of these....right? Ha!
thumbsup.gif

see it at www.retroweld.com

Let me know if anyone has any questions. I try to answer and help anyone as best that I can.

Thanks everyone.
Douglas

Dougfence.jpg

Shouldn't the points on top be sharp to discourage anyone from trying to climb over?

NICE ! As a wood guy, I find the world of welding fascinating. Those spear points are very cool. A lot of work for a hobby and for family. Hope you got something in return. :D

Thanks everyone. It is fun but I'm looking to learn more about wood working as well.

The latest fad around So CAL is to combine a hand built iron fence with dark stained redwood 1" x 6" boards running vertically through it. I'm going to try my luck fabbing up something similar, but using a Trex type of wood, which will never rot. Do you have any ideas for me?

I have a friend that built a little machine out of a hollow bore gear box he found to twist wrought iron. It is pretty simple and something any welder could build. Your work looks nice. Welcome to the forum.

The fence looks great!! It's always rewarding to work on something like that then be able to sit back and look at your finished product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Douglas... I'd love to watch your video, but I continue to get an error message that the IP address cannot be found.
Rick

Latest posts

Back