NW/SE Cable - One Hole Strap

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractng

Reaction score
Hello,

Can I use this strap for low voltage such as speaker wires, Cat5, video, coaxial?

I was at HD and the man handed me these but until today I realized why I didn't go with the plastic type strap.

I am assuming nonmetallic is friendly to these cables with heat, etc. I already finished running all wires.

strap.jpg

Last edited:
Most anything can be used. My preference is the white plastic staple or the single nail cleat.

5eb54d43-251c-4e17-9565-b96e806cfd93_145.jpg

6a1a7726-d51b-42ee-8bbd-a35ab8196a97_145.jpg

Any strap that won't crush the cables is ok, but technically the white plastic ones are the proper ones to use, since they are designed solely for low voltage and communication wires.

Any strap that won't crush the cables is ok, but technically the white plastic ones are the proper ones to use, since they are designed solely for low voltage and communication wires.

Yea. I had always used this but since I have more cables this time (can use a few to fit all the cables). Anyways, because of OCD, I will change it since it will take me a few minutes.

Back